It stands to reason that the power grid, with its complex multi-layer structure is a cyber-physical system whose reliable and safe operation is crucial for entire societies and economies. Beyond electrical energy, distributed control systems and network dynamics are ubiquitous due to the increasing relevance of digitalization.
In this context, we work on tools and methods for the analysis of network systems and for the design of distributed and decentralized numerical schemes.
- Engelmann, A., Beraldo Bandeira, M., and Faulwasser, T. (2023). "Approximate dynamic programming with feasibility guarantees." arXiv:2306.06201.
- Stomberg, G., Ebel, H., Faulwasser, T., and Eberhard, P. (2023). "Cooperative distributed MPC via decentralized real-time optimization: Implementation results for robot formations." Control Engineering Practice.
- Engelmann, A., Shin, S., Pacaud, F., and Zavala, V.M. (2022). "Scalable primal decomposition schemes for large-sacle infrastructure networks." arXiv:2212.11571.
- Stomberg, G., Engelmann, A., and Faulwasser, T. (2022). "Decentralized non-convex optimization via bi-level SQP and ADMM." In: Proc. 61st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control.
- Stomberg, G., Engelmann, A., and Faulwasser, T. (2022). "A compendium of optimization methods for distributed linear-quadratic MPC." at - Automatisierungstechnik.
- Engelmann A., Stomberg, G., and Faulwasser, T. (2021). "Toward decentralized interior point methods for control." In: Proc. 60th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control.
- Engelmann, A., Jiang, Y., Houska, B., and Faulwasser, T. (2020). "Decomposition of non-convex optimization via bi-level distributed ALADIN." IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems.
- Engelmann, A., Jiang, Y., Benner, H., Ou, R., Houska, B., and Faulwasser, T. (2020). "ALADIN-α–An open-source MATLAB toolbox for distributed non-convex optimization." Optimal Control Applications and Methods.